It’s time for some Body Maintenance Yoga with @beckylitwicki
This standing pigeon pose is a great way to improve balance, mobilize the hips, and build strength in the core and legs.
- Start by standing with your feet together or hip-width apart.
- Find a point to focus on that isn’t moving.
- Lift your right foot and cross your ankle over your left thigh. Sit the hips back and down (the deeper you go the more you’ll open the hip.
- Keep the elevated foot gently flexed (so the bottom of the foot faces away from your body). This will activate the muscles in the leg and help protect the knee.
- Hold for 5 – 8 deep breaths. Try to come out slowly.
Turn up the heat: Extend your arms up overhead while keeping the chest lifted, low belly pulled in, and the tailbone reaching towards the floor to further engage your core.