TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
– What the client needs to know:
Today our strength work consists of 5 hard sets of strict chin-ups – scale these based on your ability in order to be able to complete all sets. Our conditioning piece will challenge your local endurance – use a weight on the push press than you can complete big sets with.
– What the coach needs to know:
Today’s strength training involves the strict pull-up – these are done to train the upper-back complex and biceps group. These can be done three ways – weighted, bodyweight, or partner assisted. Our conditioning work involves high amounts of local fatigue (endurance of small muscle groups of the upper-body.) It’s important to break this work early and worry less about “pushing your pace” and more about being smart and not “hitting the wall.”
B) WARM-UP (3:00 – 20:00)
– 5 Minutes of Dynamic Movement in place consisting of: 10 Inch Worms + 20 Skip Jacks + 30 Jumping Jacks + 40 Single Unders + 50 Shoulder taps
– 4 Minutes of Mobility – Three-way Thoracic Spine Foam Roll x 30s each position+ 15 Thoracic Rotations each side
– 3 Minutes of Activation – “Rusin Triset” 10 Over and Back + 10 Banded Facepull-aparts + 10 Banded Pull-aparts
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 40:00)
Strict Chin ups: 5 x 5-6. Rest 90s-2:00
– BW or add weight
– Partner assisted
– Goal: 5 challenging sets of 5-6 reps.
D) CONDITIONING (40:00 – 60:00)
Push Press (135, 95)
*2 Rope Climb after each round
– Goal: Slower/consistent effort – avoid excessive local fatigue. Push Press should be light/moderate – sets of 7-10.