THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
– What the client needs to know:
Today is a “strength only” day where is focused on dialing technique with the power clean and building to a heavy single, getting in strength work with the 1 1/4 front squat, and then assistance exercises with the DB RDL and DB Walking lunges. Don’t make the mistake of thinking this will be an “easy day” – it won’t! The DB RDLs should be heavy and can also be done with KBs if needed. The lunges should be a challenging weight but done in sets of 10-20 at a time.
– What the coach needs to know:
Today is a great chance for you to build value in why strength work is so IMPORTANT and what it will do to lend itself to people’s goals such as getting stronger, being more resilient against injury, and looking better naked. All work should be challenging but we want to always reinforce good technique even if that means going lighter than planned.
B) WARM-UP (3:00 – 20:00)
1) Oscillatory foam roll lateral Hip x 60s each side
2) 2 Rounds of:
6 Romanian Deadlifts
6 Power Cleans
6 Front Squats
X-Band Walk x 10 Steps each direction
5 Rollover + Split Stretch
10 Lateral Squats
10 Bird Dogs with a 3 count glute contraction on each rep (10 total reps)
Review the Power Clean
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 60:00)
1) Power Clean: Build to a heavy 1 in 10 sets, done as an EMOM.
Rx+:(Touch n Go heavy double)
– Goal: build to 85-90% of current 1RM in known
2) 1 1/4 Front Squat: Build to a heavy 3 in 6 sets. Rest 2:00
– Goal: Build to 80% of 1RM Front Squat
3) DB RDLs: 4 x 10. Rest 60s.
Rx+: (Glute Ham Raises)
4) Walking DB Lunges: Max Steps in 8:00
* every time you stop complete 30s Elbow Plank Hold
– Goal: Complete 50+ reps
Rx+:(Double KB Walking OH Lunges 53/35)
D) EXTRA CREDIT (AFTER CLASS)
Foam Roll – Quads x 60s each
Parasympathetic Breathing x 15 breaths – 3 second exhale + 1 second hold at top + 3 second exhale + 1 second hold at bottom