TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3RD
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What Clients Need to know:
– Strength: Build to a heavy set of 6 in 6 sets on medium grip bench press.
– Metcon: Mixed modality EMOM – you should have enough rest to transition but expect to be challenged by this one. Scaling needs to be on point and sets shoul dbe done UB.
What coaches need to know:
– Strength: Submaximal Effort Method – Goal: Build to a heavy set of 6 in 6 sets. People should shoot for 80-85% of 1RM bench press if known. Submaximal Method will typically be done to improve motor patterns with increased loading which will lead to improvements in strength-endurance but also exposure to higher loads for longer sets.
– Metcon: Mixed Modality Circuit – Goal: Sustain high levels of consistent output for the duration – 80% effort. Loading should be light and almost ALL rounds should be done UB. The mixed Modality Circuit Method can improve Glycolytic power and capacity of many different muscle groups in a time-effective manner when used properly. This work produces a very rapid rate of ATP turnover and high levels of blood lactate when large muscle groups are used i.e. global movement patterns like a thruster or a burpee.
B) WARM UP (3:00 – 20:00)
Oscillatory Foam roll pecs: x 60 seconds per side.
10 Over and Back
10 Banded Facepull-aparts
10 Banded Pull-aparts
10 Thoracic Rotations (5 each side)
Review Metcon Movements:
– Hang Power Cleans
– Wall balls
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 40:00)
1) Bench Press – medium grip: Build to a heavy 6 in 6 sets. Rest 2:00
– Use a medium grip – shoulder-width grip
– Shoot for 80% of 1RM if Known
– Beginners: Only add weight if form permits.
2) Rx+: Chest Supported DB Rows: 5 x 10. Rest 60s.