MONDAY, DECEMBER 2ND
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What clients need to know:
– Strength: Build to a 1RM Thruster from the rack.
– Metcon: Go fast or go home! Push your limits today with pace and go light on your thrusters – treat this workout as you would Fran.
What coaches need to know:
– Strength: Max Effort Method – Goal: Build to a 1RM Thruster from the rack over the course of 10 sets. The goal is to set a new 1RM as we have not tested this in quite some time. Max Effort Method is the best method to improve Absolute Strength. The best method for improving both intermuscular coordination (maximum number of motor units activated) and intramuscular coordination (ability to improve movement patterns.)
– Metcon: Glycolytic Capacity – Goal: Hard Effort – 90-95%. This workout should be treated like “Fran” – people need to get the scaling right for this. The weight they choose should allow for minimal breaks in sets i.e. if they cannot do 21 UB Thrusters fresh with the weight they choose then it’s too heavy. Glycolytic Capacity Method is the ability to sustain anaerobic energy production for extended periods of time is important. It stimulates an increase in the buffering mechanism involved with allowing anaerobic glycolysis to continue.
B) WARM UP (3:00 – 20:00)
Oscillatory foam roll hip flexors: x 60s seconds each side.
50 Ft. of Knee hug + lunge + toe point + thoracic rotation
50 Ft. of Jumping Jack Shuffle each direction
50 Ft. of Inch Worms
50 Ft. of X-Band Walks – 25 ft. each direction + 10 Banded Goodmorning before changing direction.
10 Bird Dogs each side – slow + controlled hold end ROM for 1 count on each rep.
3 Sets of:
3 Thrusters from the rack warming the movement
*Between sets complete 3 Seated Dynamic Vertical Jumps
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 40:00)
1) Thruster: Build to a 1RM in 10 sets from the rack. Rest 2:00
– Option: Heavy set of 3 from the Rack.
2) Metcon Warm-up:
3 Rounds of:
3 Bar Facing Burpees
*progress to Thruster weight over the 3 rounds
D) CONDITIONING (40:00 – 55:00)
Thrusters (95, 65)
L3: (75, 55)
L2: (65, 45)
L1: (55, 35) (Burpees)
9:00 Time Cap
E) EXTRA CREDIT (55:00 – 60:00)
Prone Banded Hamstring Curls x 100 total reps. Rest as needed.
Foam Roll Lateral Hip x 60s each side.