8:30 & 9:30am group training!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What the client needs to know:
– Strength: Strength ONLY work today to take advantage of all the extra calories you’ve taken in! Have fun and move some weight today!
What the coach needs to know:
– Strength: Submaximal Effort Method – Goal: Build to a heavy but perfect set of 1 over the course of 10 sets. The goal here is to end around 90% of 1RM if known and build to a heavy 3 of 1 1/4 Back Squat. This is a good variation to increase time under tension and build rigidity in the bottom of the squat. Submaximal Method will typically be done to improve motor patterns with increased loading which will lead to improvements in strength-endurance but also exposure to higher loads for longer sets.
– Strength: Repetition Effort Method – Goal: challenging loads with perfect technique for all sets. Repeated Effort Method stimulates muscular hypertrophy and is used to target specific limitations with lagging muscle groups. RE method also Increases neuromuscular efficiency and increases the ability of the muscle to generate force – carries over nicely to multi-joint movements not mention looking better naked.
B) WARM UP (3:00 – 15:00)
1) Oscillatory foam roll adductors x 1-2 spots x 1-2 inches + 20-30s each spot + Adductor Rock back stretch: 2 x 5 each side.
2) 2 Rounds of:
10 Banded Pull-aparts
10 Single Leg Glute Hip Thrusts on Bench (5 each)
3) 3 Rounds of:
Tempo Goblet Squat x 5
Russian KBS x 5
4) Review Snatches – this will progress right into our strength work.
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 55:00)
1) Snatch: Heavy 1 in 10 sets. Rest 90s.
– any style
2) 1 1/4 Back Squat: Heavy 3 in 5 sets. Rest 2:00
– use chains or bands if possible
3) DB Walking Lunges: 1/3 x 20. Rest 90s.
– 1 warm-up set with BW then 3 work sets of 20 total reps.