MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What the client needs to know:
– Strength: Today we’ll perform some strength work for the glutes today – you’ll see this movement for the next TWO weeks.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout – 90% effort. Close to maximal but leave enough in the tank so you do not redline. Deadlifts should be done in 5-10 reps per set.
What the coach needs to know:
– Strength: Repetition Effort Method – Goal: 5 challenging work sets – people should feel the glutes working. This variation stresses glute Maximus. Repeated Effort Method stimulates muscular hypertrophy and is used to target specific limitations with lagging muscle groups. RE method also Increases neuromuscular efficiency and increases the ability of the muscle to generate force – carries over nicely to multi-joint movements not mention looking better naked.
– Metcon: Cardiac Power – Goal: Hard 90% effort – deadlift loading should allow for touch n go sets of 5-10 reps per set. Keep in mind, this workout is highly anaerobic but will shift to aerobic as the workout progresses. Last tested on 8/29. Cardiac Power Method helps improve oxygen supply at higher intensities and improves the endurance of the cardiac muscle. Stimulates an increase in the contractile strength of the cardiac fibers along with the corresponding increase in mitochondria.
B) WARM UP (3:00 – 15:00)
3 Rounds BP Lower Complex:
5 Romanian Deadlifts
5 Front Squats
5 Front Rack Reverse Lunges each Leg
5 Bent-over Barbell Rows
Rest 40-60s, add lightweight.
Warm-up + Review
Glute Hip Thrusts
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 40:00)
1) Glute Hip Thrust or Glute Bridge: 3/5 x 5. Rest 90s.
– 3 Warm-up sets then 5 challenging work sets.
– use a pad on the bar if possible
– Rx+ – band over just over the knees while performing these.
2) Metcon Warm-up:
2-3 rounds of:
3 Lateral Burpees over the bar – done parallel to the bar
D) CONDITIONING (45:00 – 55:00)
30 Calorie Bike
30 Deadlifts (225, 155)
30 Lateral Burpees
Bike = 45 Calorie Row or 30 Cal Ski Erg or 400m Run