TUESDAY, JANUARY 7TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What the client needs to know:
– Strength: Today we are working on upper-body strength work with a local muscle endurance finisher. Challenge yourself with all movements but maintain perfect form.
What the coach needs to know:
– Strength: Repeated Effort Method – Goal: Get a great pump but also reinforce good motor patterns. RE Method stimulates muscular hypertrophy and is used to target specific limitations with lagging muscle groups. Today is a great day to build value in the effectiveness of this work as well as show people that performing “strength only” sessions will not only get them closer to their goals but also keep them healthy. These sessions almost always play out with people leaving the gym feeling surprised how challenged they were even though there wasn’t a metcon.
B) WARM-UP (3:00 – 20:00)
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 60:00)
1a) Tall Kneeling Landmine Presses – bilateral: 3 x 10. No rest.
1b) DB Hammer Curls: 3 x 10. Rest 60s.
2) Pull-ups: 10 x 3, every 60s.
– medium pronated grip
– Adv add weight each set
– Int: Bodyweight
– Beginner – Partner Assisted Pull-ups
100 banded pushdowns – use heavy-ish band (Rx+ 150 Reps)
75 Hollow Rocks (Rx+ T2B)
50 DB Renegade Rows (50, 35) (total reps)
D) EXTRA CREDIT (AFTER CLASS)
– Three Way Thoracic Spine Foam Rolling x 60s.
– Banded Lat Stretch x 30s each side
– Parasympathetic Breathing x 15-20 breaths – 3 seconds inhale + hold 1 second + 3 second exhale