MONDAY, JANUARY 6TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What the client needs to know:
– Strength: Today we are building to a heavy triple in the deadlift in 10 sets. These can be done touch n go.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout that is about going light and pushing your limits. This is the type of workout we’d rather have you overscale and go faster.
What the coach needs to know:
– Strength: – Goal: Build to a heavy set of 3 touch n go conventional deadlift over the course of 10 sets. People should expect to see this next week as well. Submaximal Method will typically be done to improve motor patterns with increased loading which will lead to improvements in strength-endurance but also exposure to higher loads for longer sets.
– Metcon: – Goal: Hard effort – 90-95%. This is a benchmark workout that has been tested a number of times now, the last being on 9/2. As with any snatch/burpee couplet, we can expect people to be close to redlining because of the nature of the movements, but in this case we want people to be “near the edge” of that – people should opt for lighter loads in order to move FASTER. If the weight they choose does not allow them to go close to UB for the entire workout, then the weight is too heavy.
B) WARM-UP (3:00 – 20:00)
– 5 Minutes of Box Programming Dynamic Warm-up
– 5 Minutes of Movement Activation
X-Band Walks + Banded Goodmorning x 3 rounds 10 left/10 right/10 GM
– 5 Minutes of Movement Warm-up – Deadlift & Power Snatch
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 40:00)
Deadlift: Build to a heavy 3 in 10 sets. Rest 2:00
– Touch n go reps