TUESDAY, JANUARY 14TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What the client needs to know:
– Strength: Today we are performing a superset of DB Push Press & Chin-ups. We’ll review all the options to match the level of difficulty with your ability.
– Metcon: Today’s EMOM is a local endurance test, but also includes some nice GPP work. You should have at least 20s of rest to transition after each interval.
What the coach needs to know:
– Strength: – Goal: Complete 4 challenging work sets of a push/pull superset for the upper-body. Repeated Effort Method stimulates muscular hypertrophy and is used to target specific limitations with lagging muscle groups. Today’s work consists of a super-set of pushing vs. pulling work. All sets should be challenging – remember these are 4 WORK SETS so do not include warm-up sets in this.
– Metcon: – Goal: challenging intervals but sustainable for the entire 16:00. Anytime we are performing an EMOM with multiple movements expect there to be at least enough time (20-30s) to transition. The purpose of this EMOM is to train local endurance, aerobic capacity (how quickly people can recover between bouts), as well as the added GPP, work with the loaded carry.
B) WARM-UP (3:00 – 20:00)
– 5 Minutes of Dynamic Movement in place consisting of: 10 Inch Worm w. a Push-up + 20 Skip Jacks + 30 Jumping Jacks + 40 Single Unders + 50 Shoulder taps
– 4 Minutes of Oscillatory foam roll lats x 60s each side + Biphasic Lat Stretch x 30s each
– 3 Minutes of “Rusin Triset” 8 Over and Back + 8 Banded Facepull-aparts + 8 Banded Pull-aparts + 5 Thoracic Rotations each
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 40:00)
1a) Single Arm DB Push Press – neutral grip: 4 x 6 ea. Rest 45s.
– neutral grip
1b) Strict Chin-up: 4 x 6. Rest 45s.
– Rx+ – Band Resisted
– L3: – BW
– L2: Partner Assisted Pull-ups
– L1: Ring Rows x 10-15 each set.
D) CONDITIONING (40:00 – 60:00)
Rx+:(EMOM 20) (135, 95)
L3: (95, 65)
L2: (75, 55) (Knee Lifts) (20, 14)
L1: (65, 45) (Reverse Crunches) (20, 14 Step-ups)
E) EXTRA CREDIT (AFTER CLASS)
Parasympathetic Breathing x 15-20 breaths – 3 seconds inhale + hold 1 second + 3 second exhale