FRIDAY, JANUARY 10TH
A) NOTES ABOUT TODAY’S TRAINING
What the client needs to know:
– Strength: Building on what we did last week, this week we are going for a max in the 1 push jerk + 1 split jerk over the course of 10 sets.
– Metcon: Push your limits today with this workout, but be mindful that it will be easy to redline. Shoot for 80% effort.
What the coach needs to know:
– Strength: – Goal: Build to a max in 10 sets. ME Method is the best method to improve Absolute Strength. We had last week to work on building to a heavy set, but this week we are going for an actual max which should exceed last week’s weight by at least 5 lbs. This strength piece was last tested on 9/6.
– Metcon: – Goal: Hard but sustainable effort for the entire workout. This a very tough workout that we’ve tested a few times – make sure people are thinking about performing their push press in as few sets as possible to avoid having to clean the bar to the rack position. The weight people choose should be challenging to complete sets of 10-12 throughout, but it’s not impossible to think many should be able to go UB with this one. Last tested on 9/27
B) WARM-UP (3:00 – 20:00)
– 5 Minutes of Dynamic Movement in place consisting of: 10 Inch Worms + 20 Skip Jacks + 30 Jumping Jacks + 40 Single Unders + 50 Shoulder taps
– 4 Minutes of Mobility – Three-way Thoracic Spine Foam Roll x 30s each position+ 15 Thoracic Rotations each side
– 3 Minutes of Activation – “Rusin Triset” 10 Over and Back + 10 Banded Facepull-aparts + 10 Banded Pull-aparts
C) STRENGTH (20:00 – 40:00)
D) CONDITIONING (40:00 – 60:00)
Push Press (135, 95)
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (75, 55) (No Pull-up)